Sunday, June 17, 2007

White Hair

Looking at myself in the mirror, I kept my eye locked on the few strands of white hair that curled up away from the rest of the black ones. It reminds me of a few people, the first being my father. He is a hot tempered person, but the years have slowly reduce his temperament, every weekday, Working for his family, his life, and his future. He may not be the perfect father figure that I have always hoped for, but I was never the perfect son either. All his years of support and being there for his family is more than enough for being a good father. Now it's my turn to slowly take up the responsibility to take care of the family, and I will do so gladly, if not slowly.

Then there is my mother, who always keep herself in good health, and the health of the family as well. She was quite patient bringing up all her children, and have always been tolerant with my father's temper. I am extremely thankful that my family is still intact after all these years, and even while I wasn't too kind to her during the teenage years, I am glad it's all over now, and I am glad that I am where I am, because of my parents, bringing me up as the human that I am. Even though I can't cook well, I am EXTREMELY thankful for all the wonderful food that my mother have been making, and is still making now.

Then finally, I think about myself. What have I done? I keep asking myself this question, but the answers seems to elude my mind. Again looking in the mirror, I see a boy, who is still the same as before, carefree, and worrisome both at the same time. The few strands of white hair, curled up in its position, and me, stoned for a moment, thinking on what I want to do with my life. Then, the one answer that makes all of this pondering a whole lot more sense: I need to get myself a girlfriend.

*chuckles* Cheers to all!

No comments: