Monday, July 2, 2007

Forsaken, forgotten

Everyone is bound to face a situation where one have to give up on something to get another. Every item has a value. It depends on the subject, to determine the value of items, as the saying goes "One man's meat is another man's poison". But more often than not, people seem to trade off something more important to them than they know it is, just for the sake of satisfaction. Revenge is a good example. What do you get if you return an eye for an eye? A slight piece of feeling? A sense of fulfillment? A lot will be forsaken when one goes great length at pursuing revenge, as their vision gets narrower, so does their life. I have always had the tendency to exact vindication, mostly for something minor, or petty, but luckily, I am the forgetful sort. Things come and go in my mind, and I actually forget more than I can remember. The main problem is, the little devil in me that screams for ungodly justification. Suppressing it is all I can do. Actually, it's all people can do. Everyone has a "little devil" in them. It just requires the right catalyst to unleash it. It will be our job to keep it at bay, under any circumstances. I hope that I am strong enough to do that, when the time comes. I really hate the idea that I would do something that I totally regret, and live the remainder of my life as a bitter and miserable fool.

No comments: