Tuesday, July 3, 2007

High

Sore throat got to me again. A cold might follow, but I hope not. The weather is very hot and hazy lately, and catching a cold under such circumstances would be ironic indeed. So, having been used to getting a few sore throats in a year, I grab for the cough syrup from the cabinet, and take the usual dosage. As expected, I got wobbly soon after, both in body and mind. Some would call it feeling "high". Well, I can't say I am addicted to it, but I like being "high", as does most of the drug addicts do. I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually like feeling helpless, in the sense of the state of mind, not in real life. I won't go to the extent of taking cough syrups just to get "high", but I think I have been unconsciously hoping for a sore throat, so I could take them. If not, I don't know how to explain the tendency of me getting sore throats every year, even though I take at least 2 liters of water everyday.

*cough* *cough*
*slowly sipping cough syrup*
(o_O)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

sorry to burst your drug addict dreams, but cough syrups nowadays do not have the addictive drug component. Not even if it's prescribed by the doctor.

Guess you were a few years too late to becoming a cough syrup addict.

As to why you still feel sleepy, it's probably a psychological response to the expectation that you will feel sleepy.

D Umbrella Man said...

It is?
Means I can feel high when I want to?
Wow, awesomeness!!!