Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Insistence

As the male creature of the human species, I try to exercise my gentlemanliness(Yes, I am surprised too, that this word exists). Seeing a middle aged lady in the train having no place to lean against(she was standing, train was packed), and is standing right in front of me, so I offered to switch places with her, since I was leaning against the metallic wall.

She rejected my offer, and thanked me, so I nodded my head in response. Then there was this one minute pondering, about what had just happened. Seems like I need to improve on my gentlemanliness more. I could have insisted and give way to the lady, then only I could accept her thanks properly. Shrugging in my mind, I guess people are trying to be polite while I was being ignorant. Or was I? I would never know, but the next time I try to be kind, I need to insist that they accept it, unless they really don't want it. But then, I put myself in the lady's shoes (Not that I can really fit in them), and I would have accepted my offer anytime, without hesitation. I guess that's what held me back from insisting. Still trying to get rid the me being insensitive, so I hope to see a more gentlemanly version of me in the future. Or was I being too sensitive already?

*shakes head and shrugs*

No comments: