Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tug O' War

I had this little theory brewed up yesterday night. I remember playing tug of war, where some of the senior members in my team told me not to put in 100% of force at the start, because you might lose vigour by mid-game. Then remember to pull, and release very little, just enough to rest your arm, but not enough for the opposing team to gain advantage, then pull again right after. When gaining the upper hand, pour everything out and drag them in, then victory is assured. It works quite similar with fishing. Then I figured, could this work in courtship? Let me explain:

- Never put 100% in the beginning: Try to keep the surprises for last. Keep them in the dark about how good you are. Just let them see a hint of your charms.
- Tugging: Don't know why, but people always seem to think that the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill. Show them what you've got, then lay low for a moment, then show them again. Showing them gives them hope, and hiding it for a moment makes them want more. Give it to them again and make them happy.
- Going all out: Go in for the kill, enough said. I am not talking about sex, just sweeping her off her feet.

Maybe I need a good smack in the head, maybe I don't. But I am only one person, and I practically have zero experience in courtship. Care to lend a hand? A few comments would be appreciated.

No comments: